Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hello Nutshell!

We are bounded in a nutshell of Infinite Space: Blog Post #1: Hello Nutshell!
Yes, the title is a marriage of Shakespeare and Hawking. Now then, Hello!, and welcome to my blog on space, stars, and general problems of the astrophysical nature. My name is Rodrigo Cordova and I am a Freshman at Harvard College from Puerto Rico, and I have begun my adventure to understand where we are, who we might be, and why the sky is constantly changing (i.e. getting bigger). As part of this blog, you will see different assignments for Astronomy classes and their answers, as well as general science-y knowledge and a fair bit of metaphysical musing. But anyways, I am now taking my first introductory Astronomy course (Astro 17), wading into the waters of deeper space, galaxies, clusters, groups and large structures in general. On my end, I decided to begin this journey since I was little, seeing as I recently uncovered my notebook stickers from fourth grades are of Jupiter, and I hope it leads to a degree from here in Astrophysics, working towards understanding and uncovering as much about the universe as we might from this little speck on a speck. As to why I love all this musing more than law, medicine, or some other "appropriate" profession, I leave a final thought before going on to subsequent posts, if (approximately) 14 billion years of stellar formation, evolution, change, and progression has led to one (known) species that is able to analyze and interpret the process that created it, then is it not our responsibility to carry out the net phase of stellar evolution: a universe that understands itself.

1 comment:

  1. And hopefully this (known) species will find others to join the effort!

    P.S. From which Shakespearean play does your reference come?
    P.P.S. Could you change the colour of your text in the Blog Archive section? It’s painfully difficult to read orange on orange.

    ReplyDelete