Translate

Monday, February 1, 2016

As we wade into the water again...


Hi everyone, and welcome to the second edition of “We are bounded in a nutshell of infinite space” for the class Astronomy 16 at Harvard College (note the change in URL and the fact my mother will most likely call me soon to inquire as to why I won’t let her see my blog (her words, not mine)). Nonetheless, we continue.

My name is Rodrigo Cordova, I am in my second semester of freshman year at Harvard College, with the current intent to spend the rest of my days studying astrophysics (unless dark energy turns out to be water fowl we missed this whole time, in which case I am OUT OF HERE (yes, that is my only objection, moving on)). I was born and raised on the balmy 80 degree (Fahrenheit/ 31 C) island, Puerto Rico, which I am proud to call my home and nostalgic of every time I cannot place an accent on my last name, because admissions officers do not understand the meaning of this symbol. My interests include camping, painting, leatherwork, stargazing, and generally lacking sleep.

But all jokes aside, I have had the opportunity to learn some amazing things the past months in the incredible institution I have the privilege and responsibility to attend, and I plan to keep putting my best forward this semester and the rest of the time in this field. I want to continue exploring, discovering, learning and reflecting on the same questions which started this blog (see: http://ay16-rodrigocordova.blogspot.com/2015/09/we-are-bounded-in-nutshell-of-infinite.html ). I, like many others, have just set foot in the ocean lying before me, the water seems cool and inviting, now all which is left is to jump in, and see what lies ahead (to paraphrase Carl Sagan).

“Give me a place to stand and I shall move the world”

                                                          -Aristarchus

No comments:

Post a Comment